The call for a National Month of Prayer
January 1-31, 2020
- Our nation is in the throws of spiritual and moral illness
- Humanity is hurting
- God loves Canada and the tribes and nations who make this their home
- There is healing and hope for the future
- The hope for renewal is activated by "my people, who are called by my name – "
- God has commissioned followers to prayer for our nation, followed by action
- The time has come to exercise God’s recipe for renewal - II Chronicles 7:14 Our Prayer Coordinator and Elders have committed to act
Theme: "God keep our Land"
Vision - 2 Chronicles 7: 14
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
Many Christians of our nation are being called by God to appeal to Him for ourselves and our nation. To help make this happen, we are proposing a week of prayer and fasting for our Nation of Canada. As we spend time in "relentless" prayer, scripture indicates that our Father’s eyes will be open and his ears attentive unto our cry. He will forgive our sins and will heal our land.
The date we have chosen for the National Week of Prayer is September 8 to 14
Why this date:
- Precedes our National Election, which allows us to pray for all candidates who are offering to serve our nation.
- This is start up time for the launch of Fall Ministry in most Churches.
- We must encourage a fresh focus on the Power of Prayer in this time
Prayer objectives as per our theme
- Transformation for Canada through individuals and Churches.
- Forgiveness for our sins of omission and commission
- For the Healing of the Land.
- Welcoming inquirers home
- Breaking the bands of wickedness, undoing heavy burdens, letting the oppressed go free, breaking every yoke.
- Every Pastor and/or Church Leader will design their own week of prayer, the way they envision it.
- All churches have pre-determined calendar schedules that may seem to conflict with this initiative. Our hope is for all to find creative means that will include this prayer focus as an asset to their ministry as we unite for the healing of our nation
- Our National Prayer Coordinator will coordinate helpful daily updates and meditation (during the week of prayer) which leaders may choose to include with the focus and vision.
- On Sunday September 15th, we are inviting Churches to consider climaxing the National week of Prayer with a prayerful and inspiring service of celebration and Holy Communion.
Pray and prepare for God to work among us.
Please respond by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are able to affirm your participation.
For our nation’s sake and God’s glory, -- Thank you!
Acts 1:14 "They all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication with the women, Mary the Mother of Jesus, and with his Brethren."
Promoting the Vision
- We are bathing the process of planning in prayer
- We did an initial mailing in April
- We are consulting with The House of Prayer, the EFC, and other like-minded groups
- This call is not limited to the FCA. Pastors, leaders may share this call with their connections
- We will use media tools (audio, video, power point, print) appropriately
- We may do timely interviews, testimonials, and supportive clips
- We anticipate the support of the entire Fellowship
- We envision the manifestation of God’s grace and power, and spiritual renewal for our land
Thanks from the Planning Team
Ron Short (chair), Autumn Sellen, Beverly Fawcett, and Glen Forsberg
Outline of Week: Declarations & References
The following references and declarations are for those who may appreciate guidance. We emphasize this in order to affirm that you, the pastors and leaders of churches are in charge of how you wish for the Week of Prayer to be directed in your church and community. There are many variables: daily or nightly gatherings at church, home group prayer gatherings, interchurch gatherings where 2 or 3 smaller churches in close proximity decide to do this together, prayer partners doing noon hour prayer times via social media, etc. You may use the references and declarations listed here (or compose your own) to distribute as your daily encouragement and prayer motivation via email or social media for your people.
Day 1: Monday, September 9, 2019
Empowered by the Holy Spirit
Prayer and Declaration: We are believing, that as we are praying the Lord will open Heaven, and that we will get a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit.
Scripture: Acts 1:8 "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
Day 2: Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Heal our Land
Prayer and Declaration: Together, let's turn our hearts to the Father to heal our land. Today, let us pray for all levels of government: Federal, Provincial, Municipal and Regional. Pray into 2 Chronicles 7:14 as well as 1 Timothy 2: 1-2. We need our Nation to be a Godly country once again. When Canadian Christianity fuel a drive for Social and Spiritual reform Churches founded schools, training centers, hospitals, asylums, senior homes and orphanages.
Scripture: 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal our Land."
Day 3: Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Prayer & Fasting
Prayer and Declaration: Prayer and Fasting provide an atmosphere of faith in God. Jesus teaches that an obstacle to victory can be a lack of prayer and fasting. Continuance in prayer and fasting provides a climate for faith to increase.
With prayer and fasting, we can successfully battle violence and all forms of degenerative behaviour. Pray Isaiah 58: 6 "...To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and break every yoke?"
Scripture: Matthew 17:21 "Howbeit, this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."
Day 4: Thursday, September 12th,019
Prayer and Declaration: Father, let your will reign over this nation. Jesus encourages prayer for physical needs which are vitally linked with kingdom concerns. Let us pray for the Orphans, Widows, Fatherless, Homeless, and refuse to let the world corrupt you.
Scripture: Matthew 6: 10 - 11 "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.Give us this day our daily bread,"
Day 5: Friday, September 13th, 2019
Church & Family
Prayer and Declaration: Pray for forgiveness and reconciliation. Forgiveness is made possible through Christ, who forgave us. Forgiveness is a choice and a decision to no longer hold an offense against another person or group.
Scripture: Colossians 3:13 "bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive."
Prayer and Declaration: Pray for God’s structure for Family. Husbands and wives are called to live in mutual submission to one another. Parents are to mentor and train their children.
Scripture: Colossians 3:18-23 "Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. 20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. 21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. 22 Bondservants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters,not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord. 23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,"
Prayer and Declaration: Gather often with God's people Pray for the Church in Canada to reach the lost, love the lost, and pray for the lost.
Scripture: Hebrews 10:25 "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near"
Prayer and Declaration: Pray for the Church in Canada to pray for, love and reach the lost.
Scripture: Acts 26:18 "to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me."
Day 6: Saturday, September 14th, 2019
Light of the Nation
Prayer and Declaration: Lord, prepare your children of this land to be salt and light to the world. "Be an Evangelist"
Scripture: 1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen people a royal priesthood, a Holy Nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light."
Day 7: Sunday, September 15, 2019
Prayer and Declaration: Praise the Lord! Take time today to worship God.
(Optional) Plan a community celebration of prayer, praise, and communion.
Scripture: Psalm 150:1-6 "Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! 2 Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! 3 Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! 4 Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! 5 Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! 6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!"
1. Introducing FCA Week of Prayer | June 21, 2019
1) Like our FACEBOOK PAGE – FCA NATIONAL PRAYER
2) Join our Members Only Group at www.canada.fcaministers.com
Your feedback is in encouraged, as our Heart desire is to make this a most powerful PRAYER INITIATIVE in CANADA and within our Fellowship.
Ron Short - National Prayer Coordinator
2. Burden & Objectives | July 15, 2019
Please watch this video on our Burden and Objectives for this event.
We are looking forward to watch what God does through our Fellowship during this week and after across the Nation of Canada.
National Prayer Coordinator
3. Purpose of Fasting | July 29, 2019
Our week of Prayer and Fasting as a Fellowship is planned for SEPTEMBER 8 – 14, 2019. Please watch this video on our PURPOSE OF FASTING for this event.
FCA National Prayer Coordinator
4. United Prayer Brings Spiritual Awakening | August 14, 2019
Please watch our next video UNITED PRAYER BRINGS SPIRITUAL AWAKENING. We encourage you to make use of the information and resources online at canada.fcaministers.com/prayerweek.
FCA National Prayer Coordinator
5. Special Message from Glen Forsberg | August 22, 2019
Our Fellowship Pastor Glen Forsberg shares his Heart on our National Week of Prayer September 8 – 14. Mark these dates on your September Calendars and confirm your attendance with either Autumn Sellen or Ron Short – email@example.com.
FCA National Prayer Coordinator
6. Suggestions on How to Participate | September 4, 2019
Our Week of Prayer and Fasting starts on Sunday September 8 as we prepare our Hearts, Churches, & Ministries, please go to our FCA Website. LOG IN, CLICK ON PRAYER, CLICK ON NATIONAL WEEK OF PRAYER. There you will find our PREMISE, THEME: "GOD KEEP OUR LAND", VISION, PRAYER OBJECTIVES and PRAYER FORMAT. Then you will find the PRAYER OUTLINE for the week with a specific THEME, SCRIPTURE, PRAYER & DECLARATION for each day of the week.
We are excited as we join together across the Nation of Canada in Prayer.